Thursday, September 9, 2021

Breakfast burritos

I love this recipe. Well...it's not REALLY a recipe. It's more a way to get protein into my family without having to get up early to feed them breakfast. Seriously. I hate cooking breakfast. It's too darned early!

Anyway, these freeze beautifully, so there's no need for me to get up in the morning! I wrap mine in waxed paper and freeze. If you plan to heat them up wherever you're going, that's enough. If you intend to heat them at home and then take them with you, I suggest unwrapping it, putting it on a plate, heating it to your liking, then rewrap in a paper towel and then foil. The foil keeps it warm while you're on the road, and the paper towel keeps it from getting soggy. You can then use the paper towel to wipe your face, too!

Breakfast Burritos

Scrambled eggs (for 10 tortillas, I usually make 6-7 - with milk)
Leftover potatoes
Leftover cooked veggies (optional)
Leftover cooked breakfast meat
Tortillas
Sour cream
Salsa
Cheese

I usually make one package of tortillas at a time - usually 10 in a package. I lay them all out, spread with a little sour cream, divide the eggs, potatoes, veggies, and breakfast meat between the tortillas, put a little salsa on, then some cheese. Roll up and store as you desire. 

As a side note - when I say leftover potatoes, I mean LEFTOVER POTATOES. I've used mashed potatoes, baked potato, hash browns, and my personal favorite - leftover scalloped potatoes. That was after Easter...and I used leftover ham...they were awesome. Play with it! Have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment