Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Popcorn

I don't know about you, but I love popcorn.  Not microwave popcorn, and not that popcorn in the movie theaters now, but that delicious popcorn back when we were younger....made with coconut oil....before some ijits decided it wasn't good for us.  Pffftt.  For the few times that people go to the movies a year, why didn't the CPSI stuff it?1

Anyhow.

I buy five-gallon tubs of coconut oil for my dog and for baking.  My dog's coat is GORGEOUS, by the way.  I usually just use the coconut oil in place of the fat in my breads, but I know some people use it as a replacement for every fat in their lives.  I am much too fond of butter for that!

But popcorn....oh yes, that's something I could enjoy....

Heat three tablespoons of oil (your choice!) and three kernels of popcorn in a large pot over medium-high heat.  When the fat is melted and the kernels pop, move the pot off the heat, pour in one-half cup of popcorn, cover, and wait thirty seconds.  Move the pot back to the medium-high heat, tip the cover so the steam can escape (but not the kernels!) and let pop (you don't have to shake!!!) until popping slows to about two seconds between pops.

Remove from heat, pour into a bowl, add butter and salt and ENJOY.  I actually add the butter and salt in the pot (off the heat), cover, shake and then pour into a bowl, but you do it however you want.

Don't forget to floss afterwards (those darned kernel skin pieces get between my teeth!).

No comments:

Post a Comment